- This event has passed.
A Good Thyme For Life Raffle
March 1 - March 31
This week is traditionally “Restaurant Week” for our annual Good Thyme For Life fundraiser.
We usually celebrate the first week of March with good food and good friends, —raising money to support our mission of improving public health through service, education and advocacy.
This year, we‘ve modified our fundraiser due to the impact of the pandemic. Rather than ask restaurants to donate funds from sales as they have so graciously in the past, we’re asking our community to simply support those local restaurants because they need us. And to participate in our Grand raffle.
Our Good Thyme For Life fundraiser provides funding for our overall operations each year. Our Grand raffle is an effort to replace a portion of those funds. So we’re asking our friends and supporters to purchase raffle tickets or consider a donation to GTFL.
$20 per Chance or 3 for $50
Make checks payable to A Good Thyme for Life
(Co-County Wellness Services; P.O. Box 8626; Reading, PA 19603)
The drawing will be held on Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at the CCWS offices at 429 Walnut Street.
Grand Prize: $1,000
Second Prize: $500
Third Prize: $250
Did you know these facts about Co-County Wellness Services?
Our mission is to improve public health through service, education, and advocacy
- Our doors never closed during the COVID-19 pandemic. We saw clients by appointment only, worked remotely when necessary, maintained all our free services and never stopped meeting the needs of those we serve.
- Provide no-cost services for the past 35 years to our community:
- Case Management and Treatment Adherence Education for HIV+ individuals
- Prevention services, including one on services, under the HIV Navigation Program. (HNS)
- HIV testing & counseling
- STD screening & treatment
- Berks Teens Matter, an initiative to reduce teen pregnancy. Since 2014, we serve as the support organization of BTM; addressing the high rates of teen pregnancy in our community through education & referral working with 25 partner agencies.
- Staffed a Health Resource Center (HRC) in Reading High School, for 20 hours a week prior to COVID and now it is done virtually. This gives students a safe space to meet with our trained coordinator to receive factual information about healthy relationships and adolescent sexual health.
- COVID-19 contact tracing services for all of Berks County. Recognizing a significant emerging public health need we entered into an agreement with the Berks County Commissioners in June 2020 to provide contact tracing. These services also include our tracers personally delivering food, sanitizing supplies, and other necessary items to contacts and their families who report a need for help.
Absent a local public health department CCWS fills that void in as many ways as possible. Please give generously. Your support makes us possible!
**Raffle proceeds benefit Co-County Wellness Services (CCWS). The mission of CCWS is to improve public health through service, education and advocacy.
***Co-County Wellness Services is a registered non-profit organization, #0011243. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll free, within PA: 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement. Special Permit #: G-21-000260-R